The Associate Clinic, Pincher Creek
|Monday-Thursday: 8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Friday: 8:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Please note that due to unforeseen circumstances, clinic hours are subject to change without notice. Please call the clinic directly to confirm hours of operation.
Influenza Immunization Information for the Public can be found here.
Dr. Beverly Burton
Dr. Tobias Gelber
Dr. Tracy Burton
Dr. Gavin Parker
Dr. Robert Cameron
Dr. John Rottger
Dr. Jared Van Bussel
Dr. Catherine Scrimshaw
Dr. Ashley Rommens
Location & Contact
Phone: (403) 627-3321
Clinic Web Site
View the The Associate Clinic web site. (opens in new window)
The Associate Clinic is located in the west wing of the Pincher Creek Hospital. The Hospital/Clinic is situated on the north hill above the town centre, one block south of the junction of Highways 6 and 507, across from the Coop Shopping Mall, at 1222 Bev McLachlin Drive (FORMERLY MILL AVE). There is plenty of parking in the furthest west parking lot, just north of the clinic.
We prefer all visits to be made by appointment.
We ask all patients to arrive in good time for their appointment. If a patient arrives late for a regular appointment, we cannot guarantee he or she will be able to see the originally scheduled doctor, but he or she can wait for the next available doctor. If the patient arrives late for a medical, it will have to be rescheduled.
We allot approximately 10 minutes for each visit. Please help the doctors by sharing comprehensively your concerns, however, being mindful of time constraints. Sometimes, doctors get delayed because of emergencies or urgent treatments which only become apparent at the time of the patient visit, because patients want to talk about close family member medical situations, not just their own, because patients have multiple, complex problems that were not anticipated when the appointment was booked.
Please let the Clinic know as soon as possible when you know you have to cancel an appointment.
Urgent-care patients will be seen by one of us but they may have to wait unless it is an emergency. Serious emergencies should contact the hospital at (403) 627-1234. Or call 911.
Patients are requested to have their Alberta Personal Health Numbers (PHN) ready to present to reception.
We take the blood pressure of all all patients over 18 years of age, prior to each visit with a doctor.
The telephone at the clinic is only answered after 8:15 am, though you will be able to leave a message. Please call during regular hours for changes in appointments or cancellations.
Doctors charge for uninsured services, such as filling insurance forms for disability claims or fitness for work or sport letters. Patients may be asked to pay for the service ahead of time. Please ask at reception for expected fees. It may take from three to 14 days to complete the service; if there's an urgency, please inform reception.
We do not fill prescriptions over the phone.
After hours contact the Health Link Line: 811.
We are both a family-based and urgent-care clinic. Though patients are welcome to drop by the clinic for unscheduled attention, we encourage establishing a long-term relationship with one of our nine physicians. When necessary we share the care of each other's patients. That way doctors can pursue a range of interests and professional development which might take them away from clinic responsibilities.
Range of Services
- specializing in rural, culturally appropriate medical care
- general practice clinic, 5 days a week, 9-4:30
- specialties: general surgery, orthopaedic day surgery, colonoscopies, cardiac stress testing
- chronic disease management team, including mental health and wellness support
- comprehensive medicals: individual annual medicals as well as pre-employment, employment, driver, aviation, adoption, AADAC admission, immigration
- disabled parking certification
- seniors residence
Other Community Resources
- a 16-bed acute care hospital with 24 hour laboratory and X-ray service
- 24-hour emergency service, supplemented by a ground (local) and air ambulance service (out of Calgary)
- a 55-bed Designated Assisted Living facility for the elderly and the frail which also contains a dementia block
- public health, home care, palliative care and mental health
- full-time social worker
- respiratory therapy service
- professional mental health and wellness resources
- Diabetes and lipids education clinic
- child care